Tuesday, September 03, 2013

August Favorites


1. 99 Problems but a Baby Ain't One by Megan Silianoff I met Megan last fall at Lucky Mag's FABB event and she was so nice and down to earth. After meeting her, I started reading her blog religiously and found out that she's so much more than an awesome blogger! And now a published author! Without giving too much away - she's a cancer survivor, new mom, and hilarious - okay I just gave it all away but still read the book because it was great! Never have I read such a creative balance of strength and humor. I seriously admire her! Go follow her over at Greetings from Texas, k? K.

2. NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer was a splurge worth every penny. After hearing so many wonderful things about it, I knew I had to try it and I'm so glad I did. I've been using Maybelline's Dream Lumi Concealer for a while now just waiting for something better to come along. This NARS concealer is medium to full coverage with all day wear. I couldn't ask for more. Check out my full review here.

3. Tree Hut Shea Moisturizing Shower Wash I was at Ulta when I realized that I was almost out of body wash. The simple and organic packaging caught my attention (I'm a sucker for packaging) and the scents got me hooked! Not to mention they're $4.99 a pop and "buy 2 get 1 free" - I just couldn't resist. I purchased Almond and Honey (my fave!), Coconut Lime, and Brazilian Nut. I love subtle, natural scents and these are so amazing. You must try.

4. John Frieda Luxurious Volume I discovered this product at Harmon and it makes a huge difference. I have really flat hair and cringe at the thought of teasing it. Adding a few pumps of this to my damp hair before a quick blow dry adds great height without the damage. It also smells amazing!

5. Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette "Faint" I've always been drawn to defining my eyes in one way or another and eventually became addicted to liquid liner. But such precision is time consuming and since I'm always usually late in a rush, I just don't have the time or patience. I got this palette a few months ago but didn't start seriously using until this past month. Even when I only have a few minutes to throw my face together, it's enough time to dab some of "Faint" along my outer lower and upper lash lines. The quick addition of color makes a huge difference and takes my eyes from looking naked to... POP. Love this color!

6.  Maybelline theRocket Volum'Express Mascara I never had a favorite mascara... until this one. I had jumped around from the various Maybelline mascaras for while not really being impressed. The waterproof formula does a great job at holding the curl and lasts all day but isn't a fuss to remove. I use "blackest black" for long, voluminous lashes and "brownish black" for when I want a more natural look.

7.CND Shellac Gel Polish in "Studio White" I don't know where I got the idea for white nail polish but when paired with a nice tan, it's my absolute favorite summer color!! I rocked this shade twice this summer which is a total of 4 weeks for gel manis - that's a decent commitment. Normally, I pick a color and LOVE it but by a week later, I'm sick of it and ready for my next mani. White was the only time I stalled getting another manicure because I didn't want them to remove it. I'm definitely going to miss it while I retire it until next summer. :(
Follow me on Twitter ♥ Instagram
View this blog post on Lucky Magazine Community!

No comments:

Post a Comment