Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Personalized Mason Jars

Let's be real - there's nothing classy about Solo cups. And since I have a pretty bad obsession with mason jars, I seize every opportunity to use them. This party was no exception. In keeping with the pink and black theme that I've taken the liberty to assign, I bought some hot pink puffy paint and got to work.


You will need:

Puffy paint
Mason jars
Printed out templates
Tape
A steady hand

A note: Wash your jars first (if they're new) to reduce the risk of washing off paint before the first use. If it washes off after the party, that's on them.

1. First, I printed out the names I wanted personalized then taped them to the inside of the jars.

2. It's a good idea to practice writing a little bit on a piece of paper or have a paper towel handy to wipe mistakes off the glass. Another tip: before writing each name, place the cap on the bottle and stand it up side down. This brings all the paint to the point and reduces your risks of air popping out when you're trying to write.

3. Since I'm a lefty, I had to trace from right to left so that I wouldn't smudge the paint. This worked to my advantage because tracing one line at a time was much easier than tracing letters in their entirety.

4. Once you've written out the name, you can do some minor touch ups with a wet q-tip before the paint dries.

5. Let the jars dry over night and enjoy some drinks in your new glasses!


Follow me on Twitter ♥ Instagram
View this blog post on Lucky Magazine Community!  

No comments:

Post a Comment