Thursday, August 09, 2012

Mini Haul & Drug Store Makeup


It's amazing what a little shopping can do for your mind. Bouncing around from store to store gives me a rush and who doesn't love getting home to unwrap all the shopping bags and play with new toys? Especially at these prices, a little cash goes a long way. 

1. I've been eying the scarves at Free People for a while now. I was originally going to snag their 'Tattered Flag Scarf' (which I'm still debating) but when I saw this one was on sale, had the flag pattern, and puppies and kittens - I was sold! I didn't think they'd have it in stores since it's on clearance but I took a shot in the dark and I found it! They also had the plain flag scarf which is much softer but I kept to my list. (Yes, I had a list.)

2. This was an impulse purchase at Target since it was only $8 and I've had an ongoing love affair with their t-shirts for a while now.

3. I've been in dire need of a shadow to fill in my brows. All of the brown ones in my current makeup collection are too dark or red or everything in between! I started out cheap because I expected it to be another failure but low and behold, it's a perfect match, phew!

4. I've been on a long hunt for plain leggings. They're a staple in everyone's wardrobe and they're almost disposable so low cost is what I aim for. The first time I purchased a pair, it was in grey and I've since lost them. I have no idea where they ran off to but they are gone forever. This was the perfect opportunity to replace them and get another pair in black. Grey. Black. I'm set.

5. Okay, I'm going to admit it: I rarely wear concealer. And not because I don't need it but because I'm just that lazy. I apply more foundation on the areas that should be covered in concealer and it's just not working anymore. Again, I grabbed a cheap try and it was an instant winner.

6. As mentioned in my previous post, these bras are my all-time fave! Neon is so hot right now and so I grabbed one of these bad boys on sale in a bright, corally orange (yes, I'm making 'corally' a word).

7. I've been bouncing around between so many different bronzers this summer ranging from Clinique to Bare Escentuals to Victoria's Secret, blah blah blah. None of them really won me over so I decided to try some drug store brands. I'd heard some great reviews about this NYC bronzer from other bloggers and at $3, I took a shot. Another sweet gamble paying off.

Follow me on Twitter Instagram
View this blog post on Lucky Magazine Community!

1 comment: