Monday, December 05, 2011

Free People's Out With the Old... In With the New

via
I've become borderline obsessed with Free People's blog and the DIY stuff they post. They also host some pretty awesome workshops at various locations. And FINALLY! one in New York was scheduled for yesterday. My sister and I made plans to meet at the shop in the Upper East Side of Manhattan. While I waited for her, I just took it all in. This brand is amazing. It's not just a store, it's well, a very successful brand. The clothes are beautiful, wispy, and give that flower child feeling. You'll find anything from lite and airy dresses to loosely knitted sweaters and beautifully handcrafted cuffs and jewels. I was also fascinated by the decor of the shop. They are so creative! They make so much (if not all) of their holiday display and I took home some great ideas.

Onto the DIY ornaments we went and I was overwhelmed with the amount of supplies they had! I literally didn't know where to begin. I had to sit there for a minute to take it all in and decide what I was going to do. The crafts were also nicely complimented by From Graduate to Gourmet's delicious display of chocolate covered strawberries, mini cupcakes and cookies, gold fish crackers, chocolate covered pretzels, and more! They were so yummy! Just as I was telling my sister how good the chocolate chip cookies were, a girl sitting next to me, crafting away, said "really?" As it turns out, it was Aly, the blogger/baker of From Graduate to Gourmet! I was so excited to get to tell her how good everything tasted. To top it all off, the kind staff of Free People served us warm apple cider and provided great company. It was really fun to do something different with my sister while getting to meet such nice people and enjoy Manhattan on a beautiful Fall, I mean Winter day.

3 comments:

  1. Catherine - it was great meeting you at the event! I am so happy that you liked all my goodies :) let's keep in touch. Let me know if you ever need recipe advice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. and ps. your puppy looks adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it was great meeting you, too! It's a good thing the sweets weren't next to us or I would have had a lot more! I looove baking so I will definitely hit you up for help. :) And thanks!

    ReplyDelete