Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Beauty Blogger Tag ♥

This is a little different from what I normally do but it echoed in my mid-90s-aol-surveys memories and I couldn't resist. [ snagged from Drugstore Dreamer, go check her out! ]

1. Why did you start blogging and how long have you been blogging for? I started blogging because I loved reading other blogs so much and wanted to try out that perspective. I also wanted to try a creative way to express myself on my own terms. I started this blog in the fall of 2011.

2. Whose blog did you fall in love with first? I started following a friend of mine's blog, Closet Vanity, and even though she doesn't blog anymore, I still owe a lot of my start to her.

3. What was the first blogosphere hyped about product that you bought? Was it worth the hype? The first product I bought based on other bloggers has to be BirchBox. It was really exciting at first, to be apart of what everyone else in the blogging world was experiencing and also a welcomed surprise every month in my mailbox. Was it worth the hype? Eh. I don't think I loved any of the boxes and if not for the element of surprise, I probably would have cancelled it sooner. But it was still a fun thing to look forward to and gave me blog topic ideas when I was otherwise short on them as a rookie blogger.

4. What are you five favorite things about blogging and being a Beauty Blogger?
- This is going to be a really boring answer because it's cliché but I promise it's true. First and foremost, the people that I've met. Not all have turned into friendships but I have taken at least one lesson from each blogger I've met and they've contributed to my voice, my blog, my style in their own way. See? Cliché.
- I have 100% creative freedom. I've always loved writing and now, I can do it whenever I want about whatever I want. It's a luxury.
- Opportunity. Blogging has afforded me so many opportunities that I wouldn't have had otherwise. Doing something fun and that I enjoy has also lent itself to my resume/experience and that is entirely priceless. I mean, working alongside Caroline Waxler at Lucky Magazine? PINCH ME. All because of this little blog.
- Events! It's so much fun to meet other bloggers, see new places, and enjoy the non-writing side to blogging once in a while.
- Trying new products never gets old.

5. What have you learned from being a Beauty Blogger? You get out of it what you put into it - and that this applies to most things in life.

6. Have you changed anything since becoming a Beauty Blogger? My makeup routine, obvi! I was so stuck in my ways and never changed it up. Blogging has exposed me to so many different products, tips, and styles which has broken me out of my comfort zone and encourages me to try new things.

7. What advice would you give to a beauty blogger just starting out? Do it. Just do it. That's all.

8. What are your top 5 makeup brands? Urban Decay, Maybelline, NARS, benefit, EOS.

9. What are your top 5 beauty products? Maybelline Rocket mascara, NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer, Covergirl Olay pressed powder, Urban Decay Naked Flushed palette, EOS lip balm.

Follow me on Twitter ♥ Instagram

2 comments:

  1. I need all these products in my life !
    An oily face is not cute. Definitely going to try the Olay cleanser.

    xo,
    Cindi
    Breakfast at Cindi’s

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! Good choice, I'm in love with it! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete