Thursday, October 10, 2013

DIY Cake Banner


I baked a cake for my friend's bachelorette party and decided it needed some flare. Candles weren't really in order so I turned to a banner with a catchy phrase. Being that the cake would be penis shaped, I thought "Wishin' You Happenis" would be appropriate.

You will need:

A computer & printer
Scissors
Thread or twine
Glue or Mod Podge
Wooden skewers

1. Print out your text on plain white or colored paper.
2. Cut out each letter individually but leave some slack above and below it.
3. Folder the paper just above the letter.
4. I then folded the paper in half so that I could cut a symmetrical slit in the middle.
5. Lay out your phrase and double check spelling/that you have all the letters.
6. I used embroidery floss and glued it inside the flap of paper so that it's concealed. Then, I trimmed and tied the thread to skewers (cut to your desired length) and applied a drop of hot glue to secure it in place, although this isn't necessary.
7. It still felt incomplete so for some added color, I trimmed a few pieces of streamer and hot glued them to the skewers.

Follow me on Twitter ♥ Instagram
View this blog post on Lucky Magazine Community!  

No comments:

Post a Comment