Thursday, November 07, 2013

pump up the volume - without teasing


I suffer from super flat, thin hair and teasing makes me cringe so I've come up with a way to add some volume without killing my hair. First, I try to limit washing my hair to every other day.

After showering and combing my hair, I add a few spritzes of John Frieda's Luxurious Volume and Root Booster & heat protectant - I like Herbal Essences.

Then I flip my head over and blow dry my hair completely (or for as long as I can tolerate). Once it's dry, I turn on the cool setting (still upside down) to set my hair. Flip back and tame any craziness.

Finally, I use my secret weapon - Batiste Dry Shampoo in Dark and Deep Brown. This works best when it's used just after you wash your hair. It not only adds instant volume but it sucks up any oil as it's being produced throughout the day. You'll notice your hair is way less greasy the next day resulting in using less of the product to get perfect second day hair.

You're welcome.
Follow me on Twitter Instagram
View this blog post on Lucky Magazine Community!  

2 comments:

  1. Oh this is so helpful! I seriously need help with volume. I am OBSESSED with that dry shampoo- it is the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too!!! I go through cans like you wouldn't believe. I'm so happy you found this helpful :)

      Delete