Thursday, August 22, 2013

Combating Oily Skin



Oily skin is my biggest fight when it comes to looking good. Bad hair days don't bother me but bad skin days are a no no! I've finally come up with a routine that works for me and keeps oil at bay. I finally discovered that my issue wasn't just oily skin but the sebum that lurks around. Washing my face the old fashioned way was not getting into my pores and cleaning them out. That's why I absolutely love my Olay cleanser. I use it every morning in the shower (yes! you can use it in the shower!!!) and if I ever skip just one day - it shows on my face. That, combined with the Olay Fresh Effects face wash is great.

At night, I practice the oil cleansing method. At first, it sounded crazy to me and even my dermatologist was skeptical but I find that it works for me. Cleaning my oily skin with oil actually cancels each other out and I find that my skin is less oily afterwards (go figure!). Not to mention using a hot cloth really opens up my pores allowing for everything to be cleaned out. It's not a pretty concept but it was to be done!

As for during the day battles, I apply microfinish powder after my makeup which helps tone down the oil. Just in case there are any flare ups, I have some absorbing sheets on hand.

Touching  your face also promotes oil build up and break outs so training yourself to keep your hands away from your face can be difficult but necessary. And obviously, never go to bed with make up on. Also, make sure to moisturize sufficiently. If your skin isn't moisturized properly, it will produce more oil. 

What are you tricks to keeping oily skin under control?

Follow me on Twitter ♥ Instagram
View this blog post on Lucky Magazine Community

No comments:

Post a Comment