Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Freebies & Makeup

     With Summer ending and it officially turning to fall, I realized that I needed to revamp my makeup and wardrobe. If there’s anything you’ll learn about me right off the bat is that I’m cheap, frugal, financially sensitive - whatever you want to call it. But I will spend on something worth while. I’ve been following some blogs and vlogs and came up with some make up ideas. I contemplated this BirchBox thing but it seems pretty hit or miss and I don’t like a miss for ten bucks. I’m still thinking about it, though. But it did inspire me to scowl the internet for free stuff. I love samples and free is always the best! I found a voucher for a free 10 day supply of Bare Escentuals and while I’m an avid user and already know I love this product - it doesn’t hurt to have a travel size (and brush!). I also found one for a free Too Faced mascara - both at Sephora in JCPenney. The fine print tells me that if they don’t have it in stock, you can choose any sample you’d like. So knowing that I would walk out of there with something made me happy right away.
     Naturally, I dragged my boyfriend to the mall and into Sephora. The guy behind the counter tells me they don’t have either but that I can call ahead to make sure they have it next time and hands me back the coupons. Just as I’m about to point out that I’m entitled to a sample of some other sort, he grabs a little shopping bag and fills it with free goodies! I was in my glory. So now, I not only get to come back for my initial items (the coupons never expire), I got a BAG full of great stuff! As we’re walking out my boyfriend asks me what just happened and he could not understand how I just scored free makeup. I shrugged and smiled. My next stop was Macy’s. But let’s preface this with another story. Last year, while vacationing in Mexico, I realized that I didn’t bring my make up bag! Instead of having a heart attack, I made do with what things I did have at the bottom of my purse. Desperate times call for desperate measures! Then hauled myself to the nearest mall in search for a Clinique counter. I told the woman that I had forgotten my make up at home and needed the bare essentials to last me the week. I plopped down in her chair and let her work her magic and I tried to convince myself it was going to be okay. She hooked me up with bronzer, foundation, and mascara. I could do with what other little things I had back at the hotel.            
     Well, since then, I’ve fallen in love with this foundation so you can imagine my horror upon realizing that Clinique has discontinued it. Their website says that this one is similar so I made my way to Macy’s to try it out. I was satisfied with it and sort of distracted when I realized that I’d be getting their free gift with my purchase. That made up a little for discontinuing my favorite foundation. And again, my boyfriend asks me how I’m getting more free stuff. That’s just what they do! Next up, Mac. I found this awesome eyeshadow on a vlog and I just had to have it. I might consider fifteen dollars pretty steep for a tiny compact of eyeshadow but the product is awesome and worth every penny.

No comments:

Post a Comment