Friday, November 04, 2011

Friday Feature

Okay, so I have a lot to talk about here. And I've had a lot of caffeine this morning, so let's see how smoothly this goes. First on the agenda, I need to share this coupon for a free, yes FREE! sample of NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base from any Sephora at JCPenney store (expires 11/29/11). I picked this up last night and while I'm not that impressed with it (yet) - maybe someone else will find it useful. I applied it to my lid before applying shadow and I noticed that my shadow had creases in it already. This stuff dries super fast, I mean like in a second. I've been using Urban Decay's Eyeshadow Primer Potion and I think I will continue to use it. It dries quickly but not as quickly as the NARS version. Not to mention, the Urban Decay one is $19 for 0.37 oz versus NARS at $24 for only 0.26 oz. Luckily, this item was free so nothing is lost. I'm just disappointed because I was so excited to finally have something from the NARS Cosmetics line and it didn't live up to its expectations.
I also received a couple of other samples. One of them being Make Up Forever HD Microfinish, which I'm liking so far. It's help prevent some shine and oil on my face and set in my make up. The 0.17 oz values at $15 at Sephora. I also received Sephora's Instant Moisturizer. I both loved and hated this product. It went on very smoothly and left my skin incredibly soft! But! It had such a strong perfume scent that it irritated my skin. And I felt a slight burn when I put it on. Not like a good tingle but more like a "whoa, this has got to have some rubbing alcohol in it" burn. I didn't see anything on the product itself or on the website regarding its scent but it was definitely too strong for me. I prefer a non-scented moisturizer so it's a drag because I really like this one otherwise.
In other news, we have some pretty cool things coming up this weekend. If you're in the New York City area, Laura Geller's Makeup Studio will be holding a semi-annual sale tomorrow, Saturday, Nov 4 from 10am until 6pm. You can bet I'll be there!! I've been dying for a baked blush from the LG line and here's my perfect chance. I almost bought one from the HauteLook shop but I decided against it because I wanted to be able to test out the colors.
Then, on Monday, MAC's facebook is holding a live chat with Makeup Artistry's executive director, Lyne Desnoyer at 1pm EST. She will be answering any questions you may have. If I can squeeze some time at work, then I'll most likely be participating in the Q&A.
Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment